I am passionate about shiatsu. Every time I am touched by the serenity, relaxation and/or insights that shiatsu can provide.
After having done my masters in law at Cambridge University, I decided I needed to do something with my hands to remain in balance myself. I completed a four year IOKAI shiatsu training in Amsterdam as well as a two year course in Western medical healthcare. I am a certified member of the IOKAI shiatsu therapeutic association (VIS), member of the European Iokai Shiatsu Association (EISA) and registered with Foundation Registration Therapists Natural Healthcare (SRBAG). I am also registered with the body for disciplinary law for natural health care therapists (TBCG).
As a member of the Iokai Shiatsu Foundation, I comply with several quality standards, amongst which, annual complementary training. Amongst others, this includes training regarding:
- back complaints
- women’s issues (period, menopause) as well as Chinese yoga (stretching) for women
- pregnancy and delivery
- shiatsu for children
- complaints regarding breathing and tight feeling in chest
- Treatment techniques, mix of shiatsu and techniques used by rebalancers and chiropractors
- Diagnose through Japanse acupuncture techniques
- Therapeutic formation as a therapist
I consult with fellow practicioners every 2,5 month. I enjoy reading about the background of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and like to remain up to date about the latest scientific proof of complementary medicine.